Thursday, July 31, 2008

Glamour Girl

This past Sunday, I had my bridal hair and make-up trial. Overall, it was a good experience. I don't think I have ever felt more glamourous in my life. The results were amazing; definitely "red carpet" style. To maintain an element of a surprise for the wedding day, I will not be posting any photos from the trial. Sorry! You're going to have to wait until I walk down the aisle.

Once Colin and I had booked our wedding date, one of the first things I did was engage my make-up artist. Joy, a.k.a. the Make-Up Junkie, is a professional, free-lance make-up artist and also the wife of Colin's high school friend. It was really important for me to find a make-up artist that I could trust because I wanted to look good for our wedding photos. Plus, I am a make-up novice. If I did my own bridal make-up, my mascara would probably run and the foundation would smear all over my wedding gown. It would not be a pretty picture.

Joy also did the make-up job for our engagement photos. I liked what she did with my eyes. And I was impressed with how I still had colour on my lips even after all the kissing photos! Overall, it was a very natural look. For the bridal look, Joy and I agreed that we would do something bolder and more glamourous.

I had some difficulty finding a hair stylist. I had asked a few friends for positive referrals but had no luck. I called a few hair salons near the ceremony venue but none could provide me with reasonable prices. It was Joy who referred me to the Mobile Stylist, Charlene, for bridal hair services.

At the hair trial, I shared photos of bridal hair with Charlene to give her an idea of what I wanted. At the same time, I let her be creative since she is a professional. I really liked what she came up with - beyond anything I could have imagined for myself.

For any bride who will be hiring professional hair and make-up services, I highly recommend doing a trial. This way, you can ensure that you will get exactly what you ask for and there will be no glitches.

2 comments:

Make-up Junkie said...

Thanks Denise for the kind words - you did look glamourous!! I'm really glad you were happy with your look - can't wait to do it again on your wedding day! I added your blog to my new site Makeup 'n The Bride!

denise said...

Thanks again, Joy! I love your work...