Honeymoon is Booked!
We have finally booked our honeymoon. In the end, we opted to go to Hawaii the day after our wedding. We will be spending six days on the island of Maui and six days on Big Island. Hawaii ain't cheap but it should be a good time. After much research, I hope that we made the right choices in terms of accomodation. In general, I tried to base our choices on quality factors over cost. Oh well, even if the hotels don't meet expectations, I'm sure that Hawaii itself doesn't disappoint its visitors...right???
4 comments:
We went to Maui for our honeymoon too. We had a great time. You'll need to rent a car to get around though. But there's lots to see and do. Feel free to pick our brains about our experience.
Thanks Dennis! Yeah, we book car rentals too. What kind of activities would you recommend doing? (Besides relaxing at the beach, that is...)
Well there's snorkeling, boogie-boarding, eating, shopping, etc. You have to go to Lahaina because there's lots to see there. The Ka'anapali beach has warmer water compared to other beaches. There is hiking at the Haleakala Crater. The drive to Hana is very winding but scenic. I'm sure you two will find lots to do.
We went to Maui & Big Island. Highly recommend this tour book - "Maui Revealed, the Ultimate Guidebook" - we followed it totally for the Hana drive and it helped where others got lost:
http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/maui.html
The Haleakala crater hike was also awesome. Go there for the sunrise, but bring lighter clothes for the heat of day. You'll want to spend more time up there than just sunrise.
We also did a walking tour of the volcano on Big Island which got us on top of the lava. We went with them on both the lava tour and Mauna Kea. Unfortunately on the Big Island I didn't find too much else of interest.
http://www.arnottslodge.com/HOME.HTML
Post a Comment