Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meeting with our Wedding Officiant

On Sunday, Colin and I met with our Wedding Officiant to iron out some details of our ceremony. It was a fairly productive meeting. An interesting moment occurred while we were discussing vows. The Wedding Officiant presented us with a choice between traditional vows (i.e. "I, Denise, take you Colin to be my lawfully wedded husband...etc.") and a contemporary version (i.e. "I, Denise, take you Colin to be my partner in life...etc."). Can you guess who liked the traditional vows and who liked the contemporary vows?

There are a few things that Colin and I have to work out including the selection of readings and readers. Other than that, the ceremony details are pretty much taken care of. Our Wedding Officiant has several years of experience and we are sure that the ceremony will be carried out as planned.

No comments: