Monday, July 28, 2008

A Day with the Women in My Life

My bridal shower took place this past Saturday and it was so much fun! It was wonderful to see all of the fabulous women in my life including my grandmother, my aunties, my cousins, and my friends. The afternoon was a bit of a whirl as the house was jam-packed with people. I spent most of the afternoon trying to catch up with all of the guests. There was tons of food - although, all I had was two cups of water and cake (Perhaps, this is foreshadowing what my wedding day will be like???). There were also lots of prizes and games, including a quiz about me, "Guess that Love Song that Denise is trying to Hum", and Pin the Penis on the Hunk! I would like to thank everyone who came to celebrate this special time with me and for showering me with generous gifts. It meant so much to me that you were there. A special thanks to my mother for hosting the party and to my sister, Melissa for decorating the place.

After the shower ended, I got to spend the evening with my bridesmaids. It was supposed to be my "bachelorette party". But if you know me, than you know I am a bit conservative and quite shy to typical bachelorette party games. Instead, we had a lovely dinner at the Brant House (which I highly recommend - food was good and affordable). As it turned out, about five other bachelorette parties were taking place there too. So, I was even more relieved that we didn't do a typical bachelorette party. After a lovely dinner, two friends: Ami and Minora joined us for a pole dancing class. Again, if you know me, then you know I am always up for a good workout. The instructor was pretty good and I think we all picked up a few moves... ;)

Thanks to my bridesmaids: Linda, Kim, and Florence for organizing the entire day's events. I am eternally grateful to have supportive and dedicated friends to help me with wedding planning.

(I'm still sorting through photos and will post shortly).

No comments: