Get Ready to Dance!
Recently, we met with our DJ to discuss our musical needs for the dinner reception. In addition to a friend's recommendation, I picked this DJ because she's not into playing the typical cheesy wedding music like YMCA. (Of course, if there is a special request for YMCA, then who are we to deny what the guests want?) We really want to throw a fun party for our guests and music is key to this success.
So far, we have asked the DJ to play a combination of vocal jazz and adult contemorary (e.g. Diana Krall, Michael Bublé) while dinner is served. For the dance that follows the dinner, our top preferences in music genre include Top 40 Dance, Retro 80s, Hip-Hop. I would also like the DJ to "sprinkle" a few sets of the Disco 70s and Reggae. The DJ had asked us for our "Must-Play" and "Do Not Play" list. Colin and I are not picky but we specified that absolutely NO Celine Dion be played at all. Let us know if there are any songs that you would like to dance to at our wedding and we'll be sure that it's played.
Colin and I still need to pick songs for the bridal party introductions, cake cutting ceremony, and more importantly, the first dance. Some friends have already offered suggestions that we are seriously considering. I hope to finalize these details before the end of the month.
5 comments:
While we are at it, may I suggest a ban on Mariah Carey as well? :D
Good one! I'll add that to the "Do NOT PLAY" list.
I will be requesting that titanic song...last dance...hahahaha
Don't you dare!!!
I suggest the following for the in-ewitabul bride and groom dance:
"Everything" by Lifehouse
"Sea of Love" cover by CatPower
Cheers.
Post a Comment