Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Vendor Review: The Mobile Stylist

I hired Charlene, the Mobile Stylist to do bridal hair for myself and my three bridesmaids. Charlene is very creative; I was happy with all of the hairdos that she did. In particular, she was very good at making sure that our hair-dos would last all day by using products such as freezing spray. Although it didn't look it, my hair was hard as a rock.

The only negative thing I have to say about Charlene is that she can be late. She was late for my hair trial back in July and she was late on the morning of my wedding. On my wedding day, I had tried calling her cell phone to find out if she was on her way but couldn't get a hold of her. I later found out that she had changed her cell phone number. Not exactly the kind of thing a bride wants to worry about on the day of her wedding.

Despite her lateness, Charlene still did a good job and she is very nice. I would recommend her services to another bride as she can do wonderful bridal updos. Her prices were competitive to some hair salons in Richmond Hill that I considered. In the end, I really found it advantageous to have a hair stylist come to our hotel. The only advice I have if you're considering Charlene is to take necessary steps to ensure that she will not late.

As you may recall, I was against getting a tiara for my bridal headpiece. Instead, I selected two hair combs purchased from Bittersweet Jewellery to accent the design of my bridal up-do. Below is a close-up of the comb.

No comments: