Saturday, September 27, 2008

Vendor Review: Makeup Junkie

I have raved about her before but that won't stop me from raving about her some more. Joy, the Makeup Junkie, did an amazing bridal makeup job. Not only did I feel "oh-so-pretty" on my wedding day, my make-up stayed on all day...even after all the crying and kissing. The only touch-ups required were re-applying lip colour and powdering my T-zone.

Joy also did a wonderful makeup job for my bridesmaids. I don't think any of my bridesmaids wear much makeup on a day-to-day basis and I know some of them were a bit afraid that the makeup job would be overdone. However, Joy worked her magic and all of my bridesmaids were really happy with what she did.

I highly recommend Joy as a bridal makeup artist. In addition to doing amazing work, she is 100% reliable....meaning she was always on time whenever we had an appointment. I know that this is important for any bride who has a tight schedule. And the fact that Joy does not drive (yet) and that she relies primarily on public transit to get to her appointments demonstrates how reliable she is. (FYI - since Joy is a friend, I invited her to stay with me at the hotel on the night before the wedding...but she was perfectly punctual when we did our engagement photos and my makeup trial). The other thing I can say about Joy is that she is a true professional. She made sure her brushes were clean and she has great taste in makeup!

Below are a few photos taken at the hotel on the morning of our wedding. Thanks to Joy for making me and my girls look so beautiful on my wedding day! And I have to thank my wonderful husband, Colin who referred me to Joy's services. (Now, what would I do without him?)




1 comment:

Make-up Junkie said...

aww Denise - I'm blushing! Thanks so much for the amazing review! You are so awesome and it truly was a pleasure! Thank you so much for letting me be apart of your special day! You were absolutely stunning!