Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bridal Accessories

Last week, I had lunch with two friends of mine: Donna and Linda. There is nothing like talking to other brides-to-be about wedding planning stuff. Donna is a little bit further ahead of both Linda and I in terms of wedding planning. So, most of her focus right now is on finding the right accessories, which made me realized that I should start thinking about some of these things too!

After lunch, Donna went shopping for shoes. Lucky for me, I already bought mine last fall. It's another Jcrew item: the Lucie high heel in pale gold.

These high heels are fairly neutral so I can definitely re-wear them again. They are 3 1/2", which should give me sufficient added height. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, I plan to wear them in a bit so that my feet won't be too sore on the actual wedding day. Even though this will be my main shoe, I am looking to buy some kind of flat shoes. No matter what, my feet are gonna be tired towards the end of the evening.

I'm still on the hunt for bridal accessories. Probably some dangly earrings and a nice necklace to match. Stay tuned.

I have thought a little bit about how I would like to wear my hair. It is definitely going to be an up-do because I would prefer my long hair to be out of my face. I am also thinking for some nice hair accessories similar to those shown in the photos below. At the moment, I've decided against a tiara. (I've never really been into the whole "princess" girly thing.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially like the hair accessory shown in the top photo - and it's a very unique idea and nice change from the ubiquitous tiara!