Thursday, May 8, 2008

Who's the Bride?

After a meeting at work today, I returned to my desk to find out that my mother had been trying to contact me. She had phoned me at work. She tried phoning me on my cell. And, she sent an email to both my work account and my home account in an effort to track me down. What was the "emergency"? She was anxious to tell me that my wedding gown had arrived. I think my mother was more excited about the arrival of the wedding gown than I am.

In her email, she asked when I would be in Toronto next and to make an appointment for a fitting then. She also kindly informed me that she would be away Victoria Day weekend. I replied and told her that the next time I was going to be in town was actually Victoria Day weekend. I then asked if she wanted me to schedule my appointment for a day when she could make it. She emailed back and asked if I needed her to be there. I told her that I didn't "need" her but that if she wanted to come, I could delay my appointment to the following weekend. She promptly replied yes and told me to make the appointment for 10am. My mother is hilarious. You would think that she's the one getting married and not me.

No comments: