Friday, June 20, 2008

Small But Important Details

Colin and I have been rather quiet on the wedding blog lately but that is not to say that we have been slacking in our wedding planning. Since most of the "big" things are taken care of, we have turned our attention to the small details. And there are plenty of small but important details to think about like ceremony decorations, centrepieces, and bridal hair/make-up.

I have been working with my good friend, Sandra to come up with some inexpensive but fabulous looking decorations to dress up our ceremony site. I don't want to spend too much money on the ceremony decorations because we're not going to be at the ceremony site for a long time. However, a few decorations are necessary to create a romantic wedding atmosphere. So, we scoured a few craft stores and dollar stores in Ottawa and I think we have come up with some nice pew bows and wreaths to complement the floral altar arrangements we have ordered through our florist. Car decorations are next on our list.

Another decoration detail that we have finalized is centrepieces. Two weeks ago, Colin and I found our centrepieces when we were wandering around First Markham Place in Toronto. All I will say is that these centrepieces are unique and were quite a deal. We just have to figure out the logistics of transporting them to our reception site.

I have booked a hair and make-up trial at the end of July. In preparation for the trial, I have been browsing several stores in search of the perfect hair accessories and jewellery. My preference would be to have at least the jewellery picked out so that I can try it on during my second dress fitting next week.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Did you see my car decorations? You can borrow them if you like.

denise said...

Thanks Victor! Colin will probably follow-up with you!