Who knew flowers could be so complicated?
I am fortunate to have a wonderful team of bridesmaids assisting me with various tasks including my search for wedding flowers. As I mentioned previously, I am not particularly picky with what the flowers looked like. To keep things "simple", I indicated that I would like to have roses, which are classic and widely available. The only other criteria was that the flowers complement the bridesmaids' dresses.
My bridesmaids requested that I search on-line for photos to give them a better idea of floral arrangements and colour. Well, that opened up a can of worms. Who knew that flowers could be so complicated and that there could be so much variety?!? I almost got caught up in my on-line search because I found several elaborate and creative arrangements that were just so beautiful. Of course, reality kicked in and I realized that these elaborate and creative arrangements would likely be expensive. And since I started off with not caring too much about the flowers, I am going back to my original plan for something simple yet elegant.
So, here's what I had in mind.
For my bouquet, I was thinking of having a bunch of roses in at least two different colours arranged as shown in the photo below..jpg)
But instead of the bright pink flowers, I was thinking of a purplish colour roses as shown in the photo below..jpg)
For the bridesmaids' flowers, I believe it is standard for the bouquets to be smaller. I would like it to be the same colour rose. I am thinking either white or some other neutral colour. I will need to give it some more thought. In the photos below, I like how the green berries accent the bouquets themselves, which is another way the bridesmaids' bouquets could be distinguished from my own..jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
i really like the pink/purple combo. and the calli lilies are so beautiful!
-dchu
Thanks for the feedback! I think it's gorgeous too. Of course, we'll have to see what the budget says... :)
Post a Comment