Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Possible End to the Dress Saga?

I was in Toronto for the Remembrance Day long weekend and decided to check out a few more wedding dress shops. On Sunday, I went to Bridal and Beyond with Colin's mom. It was quite busy when we got there. Appointments are preferred but we were able to browse through the dresses on the rack and subsequently get a changeroom. The sales assistant was nice enough. I explained what I was looking for and she selected several nice gowns for me to try on. However, she didn't seem too knowledgeable about the dresses. (e.g. she couldn't really show me how the bustle would look on the gown) plus, she was busy serving other brides. (Word of advice: Call ahead and make an appointment. You can get your own private changeroom and the undivided attention of a sales assistant). Because it was so busy, I thought we could sneak a photo of me in the dress while in the changeroom. Unfortunately, the changeroom wasn't big enough for Colin's mom to snap a photo of the whole dress. However, afterwards, we saw that other girls were taking photos in the changeroom and we found out that photography was allowed! So, we snapped photos of me in two dresses that I am considering.

The next day, I wanted to check out one last store, Belo Fashions. My mom and I went in Monday morning, shortly after it opened. This was probably the best time to go because no one else was in the store. The sales assistant was very helpful. I explained what I was looking for and she selected several gorgeous gowns for me to try on. She gave me some Swarovski jewellery and veils to try on in order to see the "full outfit". She even got me to try on a tiara, which is something I was initially opposed to. There were five gowns I really liked. Anyway, I didn't rush into a decision yet but I feel that the end of my dress saga is near... ;)

No comments: