Saturday, October 20, 2007

Meet the Parents

Today was the day Colin and I introduced our parents to each other. We figured it was about time that they met. ;) We thought the best way to do so was to invite them for dim sum at the Grand Chinese Cuisine restaurant, the restaurant that will also be catering our reception dinner. Unlike the Ben Stiller movie, both sets of parents seem to hit it off. Conversation ended up being in both Cantonese and English. Colin and I focused on eating while our parents talked to each other. (Food was delicious, by the way. So, we can expect an excellent reception dinner too). After lunch, Colin's parents invited my parents over their house for a little bit. And the Wongs and the Tom-Kuns continued getting to know one another until late in the afternoon. All in all, I would say the "Parents' Lunch" was a success!

No comments: