Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where do we begin with wedding plans?

It's been over a week now and I think I've gotten over the initial shock of my engagement to Colin. So, I guess the next step is to start our wedding plans. But where do we begin? Fortunately, a number of our friends have gotten married recently. And already, they are sharing tidbits of advice about planning for the big day. It's been very helpful so far. (Keep the advice coming!!)

As luck would have it, the Ottawa Wedding Show took place this past weekend - another good starting point for ideas. When I checked in, I was given a sticker to wear that read "Bride to be". As Colin said, this was just an easy way for vendors to recognize who to target. My friend, Erin was kind enough to join me, which was great. She had a good eye for recognizing freebies and draws to enter for prizes. Of course, I had to give out contact information. I guess I can expect a number of telephone calls over the next few weeks. Most of the suppliers and vendors catered to the Ottawa and Montreal markets. So, I wasn't seriously considering any of them (We are planning for a Toronto wedding). The show was good because it got me to start thinking about things I might want to do for my wedding. Colin and I do plan on going to a bridal show in Toronto later this month.

5 comments:

Vincci said...

Congratulations!!! Thanks for tell me this great news :) I am very delighted to hear the two of two are getting married. The greatest news I have heard this year!

Unknown said...

Congrats! After our camping trip, I thought you two are perfect match and was half-expecting the news soon. :D

Regarding bridal shows: they usually have 2-for-1 coupons for entry after 6pm. Keep an eye out for the shows you want to attend.

Daniel's Rant said...

OMG~ Congratz! And thx for sharing the great engagement story -- very touching. I'm so happy for both of you.

Steve said...

Fantastic news guys!!

Denise, you're going to make a gorgeous bride!

I'm looking forward to your updates on how things are progressing.

Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

awesome news - congrats. i look forward to hearing about your pre-wedding adventures!