The Perfect Dress?
I wasn't planning on looking for a wedding dress until we actually finalize our wedding date. But I heard about a bridal gown sale in Mississauga that was taking place yesterday only and decided at the last minute to come to Toronto to check this sale out. (As it turned out, nothing at the sale appealed to me.) I asked my mother to come with me and she suggested that we also check out some bridal dress shops on Spadina Avenue (in the Fashion District).
When I walked into the first store, I was a little bit overwhelmed. Lots of different dresses in all sizes were hung on the racks and it was hard to tell whether they were anything I would like. The consultant, who assisted me, explained that I should try dresses on so that I could see. So, I started pulling a few dresses that didn't look half-bad off the racks. Based on my early selections, the consultant got a sense of "my style' and offered a couple of suggestions instead. As it happened, the first dress she picked for me was exactly what I had in mind! Other wedding dress shoppers stopped what they were doing and were "wowed" by the beautiful dress that I was wearing. I tried on other dresses; a few of them were nice but nothing compares to my "perfect dress". Unfortunately, of course, this dress is a little outside of the maximum amount I had set for myself.
I know I need to be practical about this. But it's hard not to get swept up in the moment. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment