Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dress Saga Over (Well, Sort Of...)

It's finally over. I have chosen my wedding dress. I went back to the store with my mom and Colin's mom. (I wanted Colin's mom to check out the dress and examine the extent of the alterations...to see if it was possible for her to do it). The dress felt really nice on and I'm quite happy with my choice. When we went to the store today, I only had the intention of getting the dress but my mother strongly insisted that we buy the veil as well. Even though I thought the veil was ridculously expensive and could easily be a "do-it-yourself" project for a fraction of the price, I couldn't really say "no" to her, especially when she offered to pay for it. One less thing to worry about, I suppose. Plus, when mom's happy (and not on my case), then I am happy.

After putting the deposit down, we spent the afternoon in Chinatown looking at Chinese wedding dresses. I fear that my dress saga is not completely over. I thought it would be a relatively easy task to find a decent Chinese wedding dress for cheap. However, according to Colin's mom, most of the ones I picked out were not really Chinese wedding dresses. They were just Chinese dresses that happened to be red. And the ones that she told me were more wedding-lilke were ugly in my opinion. Sigh. I'm not going to worry about it right now.

No comments: